The Call

2014 ended with me having to buy a new washer & dryer. The new year began with me not feeling very well and a call from my doctor himself to let me know what they found on CT scan of my abdomen and pelvic area. :(

 
This all began in August 2014 when my acid reflux flared up really bad. Probably the worst it's been since I first diagnosed. Can I say MISERABLE!!!! Anyway, when I called my GI doctor they could not get me in until December. So, I went to my general physician and he changed my meds and things for the most part began to get better. I was still having a few breakthroughs so I thought. It was mostly nausea and some vomiting. It got worse right before Thanksgiving. Sometime the first part of December I got a call about my appointment with the GI doctor. He ordered several test. Swallow test, EGD, HIDA scan, ultrasound, and some sort of stomach emptying test. Everything came back normal. I should be happy that those results but I wasn't because I still don't know what's wrong with me. He orders a CT scan of my abdomen, pelvic area, and also the brain. Insurance would not approve the brain scan so we just did the abdomen and pelvic area. December 30, 2014 I go & have the CT scan. I had to drink some pretty nasty stuff and then they give me an IV of some kind of contrast. On January 2, 2015 the call came in with the doctor saying he saw a mass on my ovary (a large mass, he said) and that I need to go see my ob/gyn. The thing is I had just seen him a few weeks ago. Actually I had an appointment with him the same day as having the EGD procedure done. I was actually ok with what the doctor said until I called my mom to tell her the results and then I lost it. I was TERRIFIED!!! I was trying not to worry about it until I knew more. It could just be a cyst but it could have been more. I know whatever God has a plan.

I was terrified of what they may tell me...cancer...that I will never have children...etc. All this waiting was driving me insane.   HALLELUJAH....IT'S JUST A CYST!!!!  However I do have to have surgery next week to remove the cyst and my ovary.   It's a cyst that will not go way.  The doctor assured me that this does not change anything about my hormones or chance to have children someday...I still have another ovary...Can you Thank You Jesus!!    Should  be just an outpatient thing unless they can't get things out through the small incision.  Now to get all it all over with and see if this is really what's making me sick or not. Until then, I'm doing my best to put it in God's hands.


Here are a few verses that have spoken to me since I received the call:

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

Cast thy care on the Lord, and he shall sustain you: he shall never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22

This next verse we found marked in my grandfather's bible after he went home to be Jesus and it has stuck with me every since. I think it's his way of looking out for me even after he was gone.

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Comments

Popular Posts