Better Late Than Never
Happy Belated Birthday Daddy!! I Love you very much!!

I don't have many if any pictures of just me & my dad!! Neither one of us likes to take pictures.
I have to say that I think that I have the best dad ever!! I may be a little bias but I do. He is the most humble man I know. Strong yet gentle. Someone I had admire. Take advice from. A Godly man. Great qualities in a dad...Don't ya think? I have always, always loved my dad but he & I got really close my senior year in high school. Every Saturday morning we would get out and go check on the cows...oh the things I've learned about cattle. You know to count just the cows, then the calves, the bull or two. Go looking for them if one is missing. Putting out hay in the winter time or when there is no grass for them too eat. I can't put the hay out myself because I don't know how to drive a tractor. Do they make automatic tractors? That's what I need. Just crank up & go!! haha!! A few years later I started hunting and I killed my first deer (4 point) opening day of deer season on his birthday!! I don't think he would have been more proud even if he had killed it. See how I think he's the greatest. I have to give credit where credit is due though.. My dad had a great dad too. Grandaddy Wiley was a wonderful man and my dad is so much like him in so many ways. You know I think of it as an honor to call him DAD!! Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a DAD. Dad or Daddy are affection terms that we can our fathers. Could you imagine just calling him father...Hello Father...Love you Father. Just doesn't have the same ring does it? God has blessed me beyond measure with my dad.
On a different note...Roll Tide!! They will be rolling over Georgia State tonight!!
Comments
Post a Comment