Getting back to normal

Ok, the past week has been insanely crazy. As I mentioned last week, I was not feeling so well. Things are finally getting better. For those of you who don't know, I ran fever for the most part of last week and then on Thursday was admitted into the hospital. I apparently had a severe reaction to a medication I was on that had sulfur in it. We think it started on Monday. I had been in the pool on Monday and we noticed how red my face was but shrugged it off as sun. Boy were we wrong. I didn't come in to work on Tuesday because I was running fever. Wednesday morning it was not quite as high so I came on in to work and left around 3:30 and went to the doctor. I was still very red but he did not notice. Probably just thought I had a bad sunburn. He sent me for a CT Scan to check my appendix & gall bladder and stuff like that. They found nothing and sent me back to the doctor's office. He did not have a clue and told me to go to the ER. My fever at this point had been anywhere from 99 to 103. My mom had come up to go with me and it's a very good thing that she did. She noticed how red I was and that it was not just my face but everywhere and was worried. So off we went to the ER. We did not have to wait at all. They got me on back and started working on me to figure out what was going on. Guess they felt sorry for me since I looked like a lobster. They thought that I had Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS) and had me terrified of what could happen. Had it been that I could have ended up in a burn unit...scary... They finally got me admitted around 4:30pm. Later that evening a dermatologist came in and calmed my fears a little. It was not as serious as the ER had thought but was still serious. I did not have the SJS but a toxic drug reaction which is a step before turning into SJS. They treated me with steroids. I feel like I've had so many of those that I could go up against Mt. Cody and beat him right now except I'm still pretty weak. I was released to go home on Sunday afternoon...YAY!! I'm having to keep a close watch on my sugar levels because the steroids cause them to go out of whack. Other than that, I'm doing good. Just trying to get back to normal, whatever that is. My face, arms, back, & chest are still itchy but it's all looking much better. My mom & dad have been my rocks through all of this. They are the best. Saturday was not a good day for me because I wanted to go home, I was missing my dear friends (Erin & Bill Keith) wedding, and just plain miserable.

I want to thank everyone for the calls, text messages, FB comments, visits, balloons, flowers & candy but most of all the prayers. God is AMAZING!! He is the ultimate healer!!

I hope everyone has a great week!! Love you all!!

Comments

Popular Posts